OASIS WATERPARK IS CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER OF 2020.
7877 N. Milwaukee Avenue
PH: (847) 967-6648
Manager- Tony Senkevicius
POOL RULES & GUIDELINES:
Coin-operated lockers are available at Oasis Waterpark for a cost of $.25. The use of the lockers is encouraged. Niles Park District does not assume responsibility for lost or damaged articles.
Niles Park District is very proud of its aquatic safety record. The Aquatic Staff received a 5-Star rating for each audit conducted during the summer of 2018. All lifeguards are trained through the StarGuard ELITE (SGE). SGE provides an exhaustive course, which mandates professionalism as well as technical expertise. During our swimming season, we are audited three times by these safety experts.
Open Swim Pool Guidelines
These guidelines are a combination of Niles Park District rules and those required by the Department of Health. They are enforced for the health and safety of our pool patrons.
HEALTH & SAFETY
* Lifeguards are here to insure the safety of pool patrons, enforce rules, and respond in case of emergencies. All comments and suggestions should be directed to the pool office. In addition, parents are responsible to know the whereabouts of their children and keep theie children under 4 within arms reach.
* Games that promote prolonged breath holding or false distress are not allowed to be played in the facility.
* Smoking is prohibited in the locker rooms, on deck/grass area, and in the concession area.
* Every person must shower before entering the pool deck during open swim hours.
* Individuals with disabilities needing wheelchairs on deck or floatation devices in the water will be accommodated.
* Children of the opposite sex and over the age of 5 are not permitted in the locker rooms. Please use the family locker rooms.
* Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years & over).
* Children 2 and under are free and must wear tigh-fitting plastic pants and/or swim diapers.
ATTIRE & EQUIPMENT
* In order to swim, every person muct wear a swimsuit with lining. Street clothes, cutoffs, mesh shorts, underwear, thongs, inappropriate swim suits and shoes may NOT be worn in the water. Sun hats, sunglasses, clean t-shirts towels, and reading material are allowed in the pool area. Proper swim attire for all patrons, both child and adult, is required on the pool deck. A determination of what is proper swim wear is at the manager's discretion.
* Children who are not potty trained must wear tightly fittied rubber pants or swim diaper in the pool.
* Diapers are not allowed in the pool.
* Strollers are prohibited in the deck. Baby carriers annd car seats are allowed.
* Life jackets, inflatable swimming devices, snorkles, kickboards, and noodles of any kind are not allowed during open swim. Diving rings, soft balls, and toys are allowed at the discretion of the management staff. Even approved items may be removed from the water if attendance does not permit safe conditions.
* In order to use the diving board, swimmers must be able to safety swim independently form the board to the side of the pool. Swimmers may be subject to a swim test.
* You must be at least 48" tall in order to ride two of our slides. You must be under 48" to use the spray pad. No adults are allowed on the spray pad features.
* Absolutely no glass containers or coolers of any kind allowed. Outside food and/or beverages are prohibited. Concession stand is available. We ask that all guests wishing to bring food, please leave it outside the facility and utilize our picnic area outside the facility Re-entry will be granted with either a receipt or a hand stamp obtained by the attendant on the way out.
* Season passes are issued to a specific person and may not be transferred.
Additional pool rules and regulations may be enforced with the discretion of pool managers/supervisors.
Pool Closing Policy
At the discretion of the Aquatic Supervisor and pool managers, the pool may be closed for the following reasons:
- Inclement weather - When the temperature or storms threaten safety. No refunds or rain checks will be issued in the event of closing due to inclement weather.
- Safety hazards - When a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health of the people in attendance.
- Special event - A Park District scheduled event.
If Oasis Waterpark is closed due to inclement weather early in the day, it will be re-evaluated in the afternoon. At that time a decision will be made whether to re-open the pool or to stay closed for the remainder of the day. Our pool office will be able to keep you updated on inclement weather conditions.